PPE is Personal Protective Equipment that safeguards workers against any physical harm or hazard that the workplace environment may present. PPE is extremely important in any workplace, and its use has been mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or OSHA, in the United States since 1970.
The type of PPE required will vary depending on the nature of the work and the risks involved. PPE in the US can include items such as gloves, aprons, safety glasses and goggles, earplugs, earmuffs, safety shoes, and respirators or face masks.
PPE is an important safety tool that every worker should have in their arsenal. Not only does it protect you from injury, but it also helps in reducing the risk of exposure to dangerous hazards in the workplace. By choosing a reputable PPE workwear supplier like Caco America, you can ensure that your workers are fully protected and compliant with all OSHA regulations. Contact us today to learn more about our products and how we can help you meet your safety needs!
Here are 4 advantages to you and your workers by using PPE at the workplace:
1. Protects You From Liabilities Due To Injury In The Workplace
Injuries in the workplace can cause serious trouble to the employees and the employers. PPEs are essential to avoid this. The National Safety Council asserts that companies who exemplify a genuine concern for their employees’ safety benefit from higher employee morale, greater productivity, lower costs, and fewer injuries1. By using PPE, employers can limit their liability in the event of an injured employee.
For employees, if injured on the job, they are eligible to file for compensation to help cover the cost of medical expenses and lost wages. However, if they were not wearing PPE at the time of injury, the workers’ compensation claim may be denied. Wearing PPE can also help to protect you from liability if someone else is injured while working in your vicinity.
Contact us today to learn more about our products and how Caco America, a reliable PPE workwear supplier, can help you improve safety in your workplace!
2. Helps Protect You From Long-Term Exposure To Harmful Environment
PPE helps to protect you from exposure to harmful environmental factors for a prolonged period of time. By wearing PPE, you can avoid exposure to harmful toxins, dusts, and other hazardous materials for hours or even days at a time. This is an important safety precaution, not just for you, but for your workers as well. Talk to our team to understand safety regulations regarding PPE America.
3. Improve Work Quality Through Safer Workplace
A safe environment not only improves productivity and quality of work, but also reduces the number of sick days employees take. This, in turn, improves the company’s bottom line.
In fact, according to the National Safety Council, a 9.4% drop in injury claims and a 26% average savings on workers’ compensation costs was seen by adhering to OSHA regulations on workplace safety2. PPE Workwear make workers feel safe and comfortable in their environment, and allow them to give their best at any task they do. PPE is vital for creating a safe and comfortable work environment for your employees, and it has created high demand for quality PPE workwear suppliers in the USA.
4. Specialized Protection For Certain Jobs
In order to ensure that your workers are fully protected while they are at the workplace, it is important to choose the right type of PPE. Depending on the nature of the work and the risks involved, different types of PPE may be required. For example, a welding job may require a welding hood and eye protection, while a chemical factory job may require a coverall and a respirator. With modern technology, PPEs are highly customizable for your needs and comfortable to wear for your workers.
Caco America, a specialist PPE manufacturer in the US, brings decades of expertise in the PPE industry to help your company achieve higher safety standards.
Some of the most common types of PPE used across industries include:
1) Respiratory Protection– worn to protect the wearer from breathing in harmful dusts, fumes, mists, vapors, or gasses. The gear includes respirators, masks, and half-masks.
2) Head Protection – worn to protect the wearer’s head from impacts, falls, exposures to hazardous chemicals, and other hazards. The gear includes helmets, face shields, and goggles.
3) Hand Protection – worn to protect the wearer’s hands from cuts, heat, impacts and other hazards. The gear includes gloves and gauntlets.
4) Eye Protection – worn to protect the wearer’s eye from impact, dust, fire, chemicals, and other hazardous materials. The gear includes safety glasses and goggles.
5) Body Protection – worn to protect the wearer’s body from hazardous substances, and also in cases where they need high visibility, like in construction. The gear includes coveralls and safety vests.
6) Ear Protection – worn to protect the wearer’s ears from loud and harming noises. The gear includes earmuffs and earplugs of different noise reduction capacity.
To Summarize –
No matter what industry you are in, worker safety should always be a top priority. Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, is the best way to keep your workers safe from the hazards that they may face while on the job. We, at Caco America, understand that each company has different needs when it comes to safety, that is why GE PPEs cover a wide variety of categories, from safety helmets to impact gloves, from safety glasses to coveralls, from safety earmuffs to back supports, and other products your workforce may need.